Lessons Learned

I have not previously been keeping this journal because I did not understand the significance of it.  This week changed things for me somewhat.  I thoroughly enjoyed reading George Leonard's, "Mastery" book.  It is a quick read but one that I marked up on my kindle.  It has caused me to think more about enjoying the journey of life and not just the destination.  This week I have had the opportunity to spend time with my good friend Keith.  He is facing a terminal illness and won't be with us much longer.  As I've had time to reflect on his life and my interaction with him, I've been overwhelmed with emotions of love I have for this good man and his family.  Naturally, I've put myself in his situation and wondered how I would face it.  I feel like I would have regrets of not enjoying life more.  Leonard's book helped tie this together for me.

Comments